Monday, August 07, 2006

today in panic

i've been in texass for a few days now. it's been nice with the pampering, seemingly endless supply of beer purchased by my father, and escape from new york humidity. i even enjoyed a brief affair with a faster running laptop. it played dvds for once even! well last night while sitting back from a full meal, a good cocktail, and the first half of the third season of 'arrested development' my computer gets a funny blue screen. a file went corrupt and we couldn't start the damn thing up.

after consulting microsoft webhelp, and my father's tireless and educated efforts we decided that the best thing to do would be to reinstall xp. i don't think we lost any of my old files but they now rest on a second operating system on my computer that i don't really know how to access. hopefully later today when dad gets back home we will work on my poor little computer. but at least it didn't croak.

and i realize that i have been tagged by dr. brazen hussy, i will get to that when i can.

sulk.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Arbitrista said...

Ah, windows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home