Wednesday, March 22, 2006

fridge worthy

so i've been socialized in such a way that the only means of keeping my self worth at the bare minimum is to receive praise of some sort. and because i am a total narcissist i need a lot. most of my life this has come indirectly through academic achievement, so i've measured my self esteem based on grades.

imagine my surprise and utter delight, then, when i received a 98 on my stats midterm. now mind you, i have been performing well below my average since i got to grad school despite working diligently (ok maybe just in ONE class...but i worked hard dammit). now i know that grades aren't necessarily a measure of intelligence. they are a measure of how well you can answer questions. but rest assured that's not going to stop me from doing a sassy little dance around my room.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

You know what my dad would say to that?

"What happened to the other two points?"

(I suppose this reveals quite a lot about me, doesn't it?)

Anyway, congrats on your 98! Do your little dance! And then have a drink.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Wild Eyed Rose said...

well bh, my dad used to say that too when i got my little girly spirits up too high. we used to call it the proverbial whack-a-mole. now i do think i need a drink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home