Tuesday, August 15, 2006

maybe this is why i'm not so in to baseball

as part of my austin extravagaanza, i accompanied two of my male friends to a baseball game last night. it turned out to be dollar hot dog night and they seem to have a leetle competition over who can eat the most weiners (hehee), so i thought i would at least do my best to keep up in the spirit of american gluttony. even though i didn't make too much of a disgusting slob out of myself, it seems that 4 is just too much, and i am paying for it today.

austin has been fun, though. i've been enjoying beer that is too full of texas pride to be exported out of the state and seeing people that i have missed dearly. a plan to go tubing on sunday was thwarted by the collective hangover from the party on saturday night, but i did get to do karaoke with my lovely friend who is gettin' hitched this saturday.

i have to mention that while i love karaoke in all it's forms, this karaoke experience was kind of lame. it was in a private room which takes away the charm of forcing strangers to hear you belt out '90s rock. they also did not have "i touch myself" on their list. i almost stormed out right then and there, but it is my love for the bride to be that kept me going. as a tribute to bh i made sure to sing "sweet child o mine" and "total eclipse of the heart". it wasn't the same without ya! and the videos weren 't as cool as the ones we have come across in ny.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Aw, yay for Total Eclipse of the Heart and Sweet Child O Mine! I still haven't done karaoke in my new town, but I worry that it too will be lame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home