Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This has been a draft for a while

So I'm back swimmin' in the ol' teaching hole for the month of July. Ah the summer session...5 weeks of taking the 4 train every morning at 7:30 to meet the shining faces of my students. Well...at least the students who show up.




The experience of shuffling to the subway station the past two mornings has been...a sticky one. The summer heat wave didn't care that it was before 9am, or that I had taken the time to blow-dry my hair and apply make-up. I keep showing up with what was supposed to be nicely coiffed hair in a complete shamble or a pony tail, my mascara smudgey below the eyes, my nice professional-looking shirts damp with sweat. Really I have been a mess.




Imagine my surprise then, when two of my front row right corner students told me I look like Katherine Heigl. Seriously...we could be sisters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home