Tuesday, September 05, 2006

oh sweet jesus

so remember how excited i was about the sun gracing new york city with it's presence this past weekend? yeah well now the rain has come back with a certain determination that makes it seem as if it has always been raining, and moreso has always been raining specficially to spite me.

this kind of rain on a long teaching day that shot my voice (although now my sore throat has morphed to what feels like a cold) and a day when i had to jump through registration loopholes at my home campus. oh yes and the best part - my first truly hellish subway experience. for some reason the green line was pittifully fornicated up and i had to wait for 30 minutes on the platform to watch stuffed cars pass by and not empty each time. i've never seen ANYTHING like it. bodies stuffed up against the windows and elbows at full flexion. it was a nightmare. the cars didn't even start to clear out until 86th street. you can't get me to like new york right now.

the only appropriate thing i can do right now is wear comfortable pants and make a hot toddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home