Tuesday, November 14, 2006

sometimes gross things happen to me

mr. ss was complaining of bug bites the other day which put us into a little bit of a frenzy over the threat of bedbugs. we searched and poked at our mattresses and found nothing. nada. the flies laughed at us and went back to their business. ss suggested we might have rougue mosquitos. i studied and went to bed.

but ss gets the prize! DING DING she was right.

i woke up yesterday morning to a small blotchy thing on my pillow with some confusion. and there is no confusion like just woke up after a day of studying confusion. why is there a big mark on my pillow? is it writhing? is that...blood? apparently in the night our mosquito buzzed into my room and licked his chops at the thought of dipping into my sweet sweet hemoglobins. alas. i was wearing full length pj pants and a long sleeved shirt. hmmm what about that delectible head blood? well the mosquito must have gone for my head or face and met the slow, crushing blow of my head as it settled back on the pillow. and what's more is that i'm not all that itchy.

it still grosses me out that i slept for a while in a small pool of blood that must have been a mix of the ill-fated mosquitos, my roommates, my cat, and who knows what else. i tried to think of ways i could test my pillow...but my memory of genetics last semester is blurry at best. all i can remember is t.d. telling stories about shooting woodpeckers. i learn a lot of useful information.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Arbitrista said...

Hey at least you probably won't get malaria.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Wild Eyed Rose said...

probably

 

Post a Comment

<< Home