Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Monday

The internet connection in the apartment has been patchy at best, so I've had very internet time at home over the past week. It might be a wiring problem, but Time Warner has not been nice enough to help me yet. Until then I'll be doing most of my messing around on the internet while in the Bronx where I should be doing work.

Speaking of the Bronx ... now you are going to call me crazy, but I kind of really like teaching the 5 week summer session. I feel like I have a real schedule for once and the students are all pretty good. Not only do they flatter me with outright lies, but they are genuinely interested and well behaved. My opinion on this crop of students might also be biased by an incident last week. One of the students brought her elementary school-aged niece to the class a few times, and at the end of the week the girl gave me a classically refridgerator art style drawing that said "Thank you for helping and teaching my aunt". How adorable is that? If only all of my students brought in sweet, well behaved relatives who gave me stuff. It would truly be a magnificent world. If my students pass the exam tomorrow, I'll officially be able to say that I really like them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home