Monday, July 23, 2007

The weather fits the mood...

The rain is really coming down, everything is grey, and I am essentially the only person on the floor here at College in the Bronx. It's lonely and I feel kind of a sense of loss.

Yeah ... I read the last Harry Potter yesterday.

I'm not going to spoil anything. I had to stay away from the internet all weekend just in case. But I've been doing that anyway. My copy didn't come in until Saturday evening and I had a friend in town as well as dinner plans, so I felt bad about slinking away in to my room with a bottle of wine and the book as planned. Sunday then was spent curled in my bed, emerging only for food when necessary, with the final book. It was a great read, a wonderful adventure, and a nice ending by my standards. But I'll admit I'm sad that another story like this will be hard to come by, and I'll never again wait in anticipation for the next installment of the series.

Siiiiigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home